Carry out Warehouse tasks in support of IFRC operations in Goma.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To assist IFRC Warehouse Delegate in maintaining appropriate systems and good practice measures within all warehouse activities.
- To implement, maintain and follow International Federation standard warehouse practices and record keeping in accordance with audit trail standards.
- To ensure the correct storage and rotation of stocks, as well as proper structural maintenance of warehouse(s) in view of maintaining all stocks in good condition.
- To maintain accurate stock records and controls at all times; provide weekly and monthly stock reports to the Warehouse Delegate and advice on warehousing issues that affect the overall logistics operation.
- To organize local labour to affect the timely and efficient reception and dispatch of goods within the warehouse.
- To liaise and maintain timely communications with relevant other delegation units, departments and services to ensure the timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of goods from the warehouse in support of their activities.
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Secretariat’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Formal education to secondary level technical qualification in logistics
- Technical qualification in logistics
- Warehouse management, at least 3 years with International Organization
- Working in general management or administration
- Proficient in basic computer software programmes (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing)
- Valid driving licence (manual gears)
- Advanced knowledge of spoken and written English
- Skills in training and developing staff
Competencies (refer to the Annual Review (AR) competencies online tool)
- National Society relations
- Results focus and accountability
- Professional mastery
- Managerial effectiveness