World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As OFDA Response Operations Manager – Ebola Response, DRC, you will
- Ensure program planning is informed by technical standards & operational viability to meet humanitarian needs.
- Establish, resource and staff Operations unit to meet response needs.
- Conduct operational planning to ensure effective coordination & timely delivery of response activities.
- Implement & monitor program to ensure achievement of response goals & objectives.
- Develop and implement operations reporting systems to support timely and accurate Response reporting.
- Implement response operations according to safety standards with support from the Security function.
- University degree in international relations or humanitarian industry. Masters degree in the same field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in complex humanitarian contexts.
- Experience leading a multi-cultural team.
- Experience working in a developing country outside the home country.
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience with international exposure/external engagement on humanitarian emergencies or fragile country contexts.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and French or English and Swahili.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 04 OCT 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.