Job title: Public Health Evaluation (PHE) Associate Director-Readvertisement
Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Primary Manager: Country Director
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Public Health Evaluation Associate Director reporting to the Country Director, is responsible for the research and evaluation portfolio of the organization. He/she provides strategic leadership and oversight of the clinical, implementation, operations, and program effectiveness research conducted by EGPAF/DRC, in close coordination with the technical and SI teams. The Public Health Evaluation Associate Director will directly contribute to generation of a strong evidence base to improve the effective delivery of quality programs to further the mission of EGPAF/DRC, improving the lives of Congolese infected and affected by HIV.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages the EGPAF/DRC portfolio of research and evaluation activities including the generation of proposals and other requests for funding related to HIV clinical, implementation, or program effectiveness research
- Leads and/or oversees all aspects of the research and evaluation studies, from idea conception, development of protocols and data collection instruments, personnel training, study implementation, data management/analysis to manuscript writing.
- Work closely with the Technical and SI teams to identify priority program and public health evaluation questions
- Identify and evaluate interventions to address key programmatic challenges using strong scientific methodology to inform the program, MOH, and the broader HIV field
- Liaises with the EGPAF global regulatory officer to ensure all human subjects’ research protections are in place and all protocols undergo appropriate sponsor, U.S. and DRC IRB review and approval.
- Ensures the highest quality scientific, ethical and regulatory standards for all research activities
- Supervises and mentors research team members to enhance their knowledge and career development
- Contributes to capacity building of EGPAF staff and Fellows, partners, and MOH personnel in the conduct of research through research trainings, mentoring, and sharing/review of relevant scientific literature
- Participates in preparation of study reports, abstracts and manuscripts and dissemination of results at district, national, and international levels.
- Collaborate with the global Research team and research teams across EGPAF programs to leverage global expertise, share experiences, and facilitate multi-country research activities
- MD, PhD or similar advanced degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Maternal Child Health, Public Health or HIV related sciences
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in health research in developing countries, including protocol elaboration, design of surveys, data collection, data analysis, and scientific publication elaboration
- Experience in maternal, child health and HIV/AIDS research preferred;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of HIV services, PMTCT, MCH, pediatric and adult HIV care and treatment
- Knowledge of protection of human subjects in research and ethics regulations to ensure compliance with all local and international requirements
- Proficiency in the use of databases such as Microsoft Access, Epi-Info and analytical software, such as STATA, SPSS, R is an advantage
How to apply
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply trough the Foundation website and/or by clicking to the link below no later than September 20, 2019.