ELIZABETH GLASER PEDIATRIC AIDS FOUNDATION
Job title: Procurement & Logistic Officer
Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Primary manager: Director of Operations
Direct report to this position: Procurement & Logistic Assistant and Drivers
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against HIV and pediatric AIDS, working in 15 countries and in more than 7,000 sites worldwide to prevent transmission of HIV to children and help those already infected.
Based in Kinshasa and working with the field offices, this role will support the Director of Operationsby implementing a coordinated procurement &logistics function to support thecountryprogram and ensure the best use of EGPAF’s resources.
- Implement proper supply chain management practices, processes and systems according to EGPAF’s policies and procedures; this includes sourcing and procurement, transportation and management of logistics resources in fleet, equipment and facilities;
- Lead supplier relationship management by continually identifying processimprovements and cost reduction opportunities, while ensuring adherence with contract terms;
- Oversee inventory and asset management; including oversight for property movement, management of fixed assets for disposal, surplus, storage or disposal.
- Participate in capacity building, performance management (mentoring, capacity building) of the P & L team and provide opportunity for high performers;
- Conduct trainings with the Foundations’ staff to build capacity and understanding of Procurement and Logistics policies and procedures;
- Closely coordinate with the senior management team andvarious business units within the foundation to realize efficiencies and manage expectations
- Support project teams to establish and coordinate project procurement plans
- Implement and provide periodic updates on procurement plan
REQUIRED EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES and SKILLS:
- University degree in Business,Supplies Management or other relevant discipline;
- Excellent knowledge of rules, regulations and donor policies governing the compliance / regulatory management of procurement rules of USG agencies;
- Minimum 4years’ experience in procurement, vendor management, and fleet management in an INGO;
- A detail-oriented team player with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to lead and manage staff;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and a procurement and inventory software;
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in French and English and effective negotiation and representation skills;
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally;
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and demonstrate sound work ethics.
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Officer:
|Team Building||Inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust|
|Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals|
|Anticipates and meets the needs of internal and external customers|
|Delivers high-quality products and services|
|Is committed to continuous improvement|
|Technical Credibility||Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and
policies related to specialized expertise
|Makes well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions
produce unpleasant consequences
|Perceives the impact and implications of decisions.|
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to apply for this position no later than November 23, 2019 on the EGPAF career website and/or by clicking the link below:
Due to the huge number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next recruitment process
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.