World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Emergency Communications Specialist, WV DRC, you will produce a wide range of written, video and photographic communications resources/materials and manage platforms linked to the Sustained Humanitarian Response (SHR) that helps profile and market World Vision DRC’s humanitarian and emergency response work, both at local and international levels.
- At least 4 years prior experience
- English & French language fluency (written and verbal).
- Excellent writing and photography skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (specifically with working with people from a variety of cultures).
- High level of confidence and confidentiality.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office and Adobe Creative Suite (Lightroom, Premiere Pro, InDesign).
- Travel: 70% travel within country to various responses is expected (across the country).
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 15 NOV 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted