Project Manager Education (International Development) Kinshasa
Have you delivered an education project in an international development context within Africa? Would you like to be part of a ground-breaking EdTech project within the DRC? Are you bilingual in French and English?
This role will be based in Kinshasa in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The project manager is responsible for delivering of an innovative educational technology project across a range of schools in the DRC. Working with the schools, local community, ministry of education and external funders to deliver learning gains and demonstrate longer term sustainability.
Whizz Education is at an exciting phase in its journey. Following over 10 years of solid track record and sustainable growth in International Markets, we are preparing the business for scalable growth. Our vision is to enable 100 Million primary age children around the world with a personalized learning experience, and to work closely with parents, schools and governments to raise standards in maths and, in due course, other core curriculum subjects.
Outcomes and Accountabilities:
Within 1 Month:
· Gain understanding of Whizz, its products, its projects and strategy.
· Understand project partnership dynamics, deliverables, milestones and reporting requirements.
· Travel to / communicate remotely with all school sites and engage with relevant stakeholders.
· Attend training sessions to understand the ins and outs of the Whizz Education implementation framework.
Within 3 Months:
· Develop required relationships with all stakeholders in the project.
· Coordinate with relevant Whizz teams on project progress and deliverables.
· Ensure that project partners’ expectations are managed and communicated with properly.
· Successfully deliver on all project requirements.
· Drive continued adaptation to the project to ensure all milestones are achieved.
· Develop understanding of the concept and wider opportunity that the projects bring to Whizz
Within 6 Months:
· Fully manage the projects’ operations in DRC, driving its resources to achieve set Milestones within budget
· Project’s quarterly potential achieved
· Experienced in delivering educational projects in challenging environments
· Passionate about education and making an impact on end-learners and stakeholders
· International project management experience, preferably in the development scenario
· Demonstrable commercial acumen and management expertise
· Very strong data interpretation/report writing skills
· Excellent communication and upward management as well as stakeholder relationship management
· Excellent organisational and multi-tasking
· Ability to handle bureaucratic processes
· Strong attention to detail
· Team player
· Ability to own and be held responsible for tasks
· Ability to take initiative and set direction
· Inquiring mind, always questioning and finding the most suitable solutions
· High-level integrity and standards
· Focussed on quality – attentive to risk
This is a challenging role involving a high degree of project management skills. Ideally Whizz Education are looking for someone to start by November 1st. For further information please contact Paul Malone at Sienna Edge and send through your resume and covering letter.
Please send through your resume in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org who is managing the recruitment process. Please attach a covering letter.