The OFDA Ebola Comprehensive Assistance Project Manager, with support from Clinical Leads for EVD and PHC, WASH specialist, the Field Manager, and the Deputy Team Leader (Operations) will be responsible for the implementation of the ambitious Ebola Comprehensive Assistance Project, which delivers emergency Health, Nutrition and WASH activities to mitigate the impact of conflict and the Ebola outbreak on affected populations in the targeted areas, and contribute to the eradication of Ebola for displaced, returnee, and host populations in North Kivu and is funded by OFDA.
The Project Manager will be expected to:
- Deliver programme results on time and within budget, and to ensure that all program implementation meets SCI quality standards and strict donor regulations,
- Manage and implement monitoring and data management systems,
- Deliver donor reports on time and with sufficient quality to maintain a positive, trusting relationship with the donor,
- Maintain a strong relationship with sub-grantees and partners and ensure that their work is in line with agreed contracts and quality standards,
- Ensure the rationalized use of financial and human resources during implementation,
- Work collaboratively with the Supply Chain team to timely, effective and accountable management of the supply chain, including large-scale procurement
- Coordinate effectively with DPS, BZS and PRONANUT authorities in North Kivu, maintaining a positive and transparent relationship.
The Ebola Comprehensive Assistance Project Manager will also input into or play a major role in needs assessment, programme design and budgeting for future programmes.
- Significant and successful management experience in Multisectoral programmes in emergency or fragile states contexts
- Previous first phase emergency response experience
- Experience of working on EVD related projects
- Master degree preferred in Public Health or a related subject
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff in Nutrition technical skills[LT1]
- Experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Experience of leading projects for OFDA and knowledge of their ways of working.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued reports in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluent written and spoken French, and substantial level of English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Willingness to work in EVD affected areas,
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Your application should be sent to email@example.com
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.