The Proposal Development and Reporting Officer will support the Programme Development & Quality Department in ensuring the development of high quality proposals that mobilize adequate resources for our strategic objectives. The post holder will work closely with the Head of New Business Development, Technical Advisers, Area and Programme Managers, the Awards team, members and occasionally partners in the development of high quality concept notes and proposals for major donors.
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Master degree in relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Strong organizational skills; capacity to coordinate complex tasks with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing context
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy
- Ability to treat others with respect while getting them to deliver on the specific sections of reports and proposals.
- Experience writing proposal for project funded by ECHO, OFDA, FHRDC, GAC, SIDA…
- Experience working under pressure and with diversified team.
- Good knowledge and understanding of child right based programming.
- Knowledge of DRC and/or central and/or west Africa region.
Contract length: 01 YEAR RENEWABLE
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using the following link: https://drc.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=33070
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.