Associate Consultant, dedicated to improving the delivery of health services in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Acasus (www.acasus.com) is a consultancy that drives major reforms in health and education around the world.
In health, we are contributing towards improving global immunization rates. To date, we have supported governments across Asia, Africa and South America to radically increase immunization coverage and improve access to basic healthcare facilities, prenatal and maternity clinics in remote areas. Our education projects in South America and the Middle East have successfully provided access to basic education for millions of children.
We work in teams to support senior government officials (typically at ministerial or prime-ministerial level) in driving rapid reforms. This includes:
- Planning and developing strategies
- Monitoring progress
- Leveraging on data and other information to facilitate decision making
- Building capacity and skills throughout the public system
- Improving coordination and cooperation between stakeholders, funders and governments
- Solving problems and challenges on the ground
- Consolidating international evidence and lessons about what works
Our project teams consist of experienced consultants from leading international consultancies (e.g. McKinsey, Oliver Wyman, Roland Berger and others) and highly talented locally-hired staff. The success of our projects depends on the dedication, development, and excellent work of our teams.
Context & Impact
Acasus has supported health and education reforms since 2013. Our team in Pakistan achieved the most rapid increase in vaccination coverage recorded to date — improving the coverage of life-saving child vaccines across the Punjab province from 50% to 90% in just two years.
In Peru, our team aided the Ministry of Education with crucial reforms to improve teacher performance. These reforms led to significant increase in student outcomes.
Following the success of our programs in Pakistan and Peru, we have been requested by an international organization to replicate our model in multiple countries across Africa and Asia. Our growing team in the Democratic Republic of Congo is working alongside the Ministry of Health to improve nationwide availability of basic vaccines. Early indicators are already showing promising results.
Role in Brief
Based in Kinshasa, you will support officials at federal and regional levels to implement reforms.
These reforms leverage on the use of technologies and data to facilitate quick and effective action by managers and leaders. By supporting the delivery of better public services, we contribute to improving health outcomes. To date, our DRC team has achieved a number of highly impactful quick wins, demonstrating the opportunity for larger impact in this region.
As an Associate Consultant, you will support Acasus Senior Associates as well as central and provincial officials in customizing and implementing our reform model in this region. You will build on existing insights, excitement, and engagement to strengthen the health system at a national level. This involves strengthening data, leadership and management to help managers and leaders take rapid action to improve health outcomes and save lives.
- Work with key senior government health officials and international partners to dramatically improve the health outcomes of children
- Design and implement new systems for improving vaccination coverage across DRC
- Develop excellent relationships and a trusted advisor status within government
- Energize existing systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness Successful candidates must demonstrate
- Fluency in English and French
- Relevant experience in public sector work, ideally in health or education
- Familiarity with governmental processes and operations
- Strong teamwork skills and confidence to add input in discussions
Our ideal Associate will demonstrate
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong drive and motivation
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Interest in social issues
- Motivation to join our organization
- Competitive compensation package
- High degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- The opportunity to drive a truly impactful set of reforms
- The chance to influence a dynamic, entrepreneurial company with a social mission
- Opportunities for further international travel with future projects
If this excites you, send us an email including your CV, in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acasus prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We support & promote diversity & inclusion, and we will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.