CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
The purpose Humanitarian Program Coordinator position is to provide effective leadership and strategic oversight for the humanitarian programme in DRC. This includes: lead the development of an Humanitarian Strategy aligned with the CARE DRC Country Strategy that focus on gender justice and fight against GBV; preparedness and monitoring of the humanitarian situation; lead the design of new humanitarian proposal; lead the Program managers to ensure a quality and timely implementation of projects; improve CARE DRC Humanitarian response through Innovation and Learning; represent the organization on humanitarian fora and humanitarian donors. The Humanitarian Program Coordinator is a key member of the Senior Management Team of CARE DRC and will provide leadership in the management of the Country Office as well as setting policy and direction for the future. S/he will report directly to the Country Director.
- Humanitarian strategy
- Preparedness and monitoring of the humanitarian situation
- Design of new humanitarian proposal
- Quality and timely implementation of projects
- Improve CARE DRC Humanitarian response through innovation and learning
- Represent the organization on humanitarian fora and humanitarian donors
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (health, food security, social science)
- Minimum of 5 years of recent and progressively-challenging experience working in humanitarian response.
- Prior management of USAID, ECHO funded-programs required.
- Proven leadership skills. Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with donors, stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience in similar conflict environment, previous DRC experience desired
- Experience in proposal development
- Fluency in French and English
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a complex international setting
- Extensive conceptual skills including development of program strategy
- Demonstrated experience in program design (including proposal development), implementation and evaluation
- Experience in emergency related activities
- Experience with performance management
- Experience with the management of a diverse workforce
Please directly apply in our website at:
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.