Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Since 2016, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) has been supporting migration health initiatives in Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Within its Health Border & Mobility Management (HBMM) framework, IOM delivers & promotes comprehensive, immediate & long term preventive & curative health programs which are beneficial, accessible & equitable for migrants, mobile population & other vulnerable & hard to reach populations. IOM works within existing health framework & with govt. authorities & Health, WASH & Protection cluster coordination mechanism. IOM provides travel health assessments, emergency lifesaving assistance & health system strengthening which has been disrupted by long term conflict, distance & other accessibility issues in DRC.
- IOM supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) to strengthen health service capacity at the border points to effectively prevent, detect & respond to the infectious diseases & other public health threads. IOM provides, integrated surveillance & disease control training for the front line health staff working in border areas, necessary medical & health commodities for the border posts, analyses & reports on population mobility trends in priority health zones to inform preparedness efforts, as well as risk communication assistance to sensitize cross border population & neighboring communities. IOM is an active partner of the MOH in supporting point of entry surveillance during outbreaks, including the current 10th Ebola outbreak in North Kivu (2018 – 2019).
- Under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Coordinator & overall supervision of the Migration Health Program Manager & Chief of Mission (COM) the successful candidate will be responsible & accountable for the strengthening implementation of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) response & preparedness related activities in their geographic area of concern.
- Oversee all IOM’s daily activities in relation to the EVD outbreak response in the designated area of the duty station.
- Ensure daily management, supervision & building capacity of the IOM’s Ebola response team working in the Area of Responsibility (AOR) & composed of National Program Officer(s), Field Assistant(s), Logistic Assistant & Information Management Assistant(s).
- Support the identification & mobilization of logistical & human resources needed to respond to the EVD epidemic in a timely & effective manner, in coordination with the Migration Health Coordinator for Ebola.
- In coordination with IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix team & the National Program Officers, MHO will take lead on Population Movement Mapping (PMM) & ensure flow monitoring is conducted according to the SOP/guidelines.
- Ensure regular reporting (i.e. consolidate weekly field reports from field team) on IOM activities including key performance indicators & share important developments in relation to the evolution of the EVD outbreak to the MHC in Kinshasa.
- Ensure required technical, logistic, information management & financial support is provided to IOM’s govt. partner, PNHF & the MOH, to ensure prevention, control & surveillance measures are being implemented in the field at POE & POC level, in line with national SOP & International Health Regulations (2005).
- Ensure quality that the quality of services is improved at the point of entry & point of control in coordination with NPO, PMHF supervisors & Senior Field Assistants.
- Work with the MHC & Logistics Officer in Kinshasa to establish a supply chain management system to monitor POE/POC material consumption & ensure efficient use of resources donated by IOM.
- Under the technical guidance of the MHC & in coordination with the NPO & WASH Officer, ensure adequate WASH & risk communication activities are implemented at POE/POC levels. Depending on funding available & IOM strategic orientations & internal capacity, identify & refer related gaps to relevant response coordination mechanisms (commissions), mobilize relevant implementing partners or directly implement required activities.
- Represent IOM key coordination forums such as the National Strategic Coordination Commission & other sub commissions as relevant in coordination with National Epidemiologists; liaise & coordinate with national & international health & development assistance authorities in your respective geographical area regarding planning & response measures for EVD, key counterparts may include the MOH, National Border Health & Hygiene, WHO, UNICEF, UNPOL / MONUSCO & other stakeholders.
- With the guidance of the MHC, prepare relevant documents (procurement & movement plans, purchase request, payment request, etc.) to ensure that material & financial resources required for the EVD response are made available in a timely manner. Keep a record of the documents submitted to contribute to budget monitoring.
- Contribute to IOM resource mobilization by providing substantive inputs on needs, opportunities, implementing partners, operational strategies & financial requirements.
- Liaise with IOM Security Officer & Officers UNDSS in the region, civilian & military govt. authorities, tribal leaders, village councils, militias & others to ensure security for all IOM Ebola response team members & sub contractors, enforcing the mission security regulations to protect mission staff & property.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Coordinator & overall supervision of the Migration Health Program Manager & Chief of Mission (COM).
- This role involves team coordination & supervision.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (desirable)
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in project management OR Bachelors Degree in the above fields with 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in management of humanitarian or development programs, preferably in the public health field.
- Previous experience in disease outbreak settings & conflict settings preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Internet Explorer.
- Fluency in French (written & oral) & working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of Kiswahili or other local languages is desirable.
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules & standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
Core competencies – behavioral indicators:
- Teamwork: Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner; is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
Other relevant information:
- To be advised.
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate and apply for this role using the below link: