The Waislitz Global Citizen Awards
All entrants will be evaluated based on individual merit, including the following four key areas:
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: How does the applicant embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- PROOF OF CONCEPT: Does the applicant have a strong proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of impact towards ending extreme poverty?
- DISRUPTION: Has the applicant created measurable impact in an innovative manner that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist?
- SCALABILITY: How would this award enable/support the applicant to scale or improve their work?
The grand prize Waislitz Global Citizen Award will be selected based on the four criteria listed above.
The semi-finalist Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award will be awarded to a runner up who excels in disruption and innovation and the semi-finalist Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award will be selected with input from public online voting by the Global Citizen community.
The Waislitz Global Citizen Awards are annual cash prizes totaling $200,000. The grand prize, the Waislitz Global Citizen Award is a cash prize of $100,000. The two semi-finalist prizes, the Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award, and the Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award are each cash prizes of $50,000.
In addition to the cash prizes, all three winners will receive:
- Round trip airfare and accommodation in NYC to attend the Waislitz Global Citizen Award Ceremony and the Global Citizen Festival during the week of September 23 for themselves and a guest.
- The opportunity to network with Global Citizen and the Waislitz Foundation partners during the week of the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
- Two tickets to the 2019 Global Citizen Festival on September 28, 2019.
Clic here to apply.