1. Digital Transformation: Business Development and Marketing
About this course
Has the introduction of digital technology made the old theories for business development and marketing obsolete? These tried and true theories, processes and methods are still valued, but they are now turbocharged. Technology has enabled businesses to leverage more opportunities and it’s important to understand how you can take advantage of these developments.
This course will not offer a complete overview of all the latest digital marketing technologies, but rather help you understand a general approach to the subject on a strategic level. With that understanding, you will find it easier to navigate the landscape of evolving tools and get the highest business development and marketing value. You will learn about new possibilities for business development and marketing and how to utilize them as a strategic tool for your company’s digital transformation.
This course is part of the Digital Transformation Professional Certificate program.
What you’ll learn
- Essential business development and marketing approaches and how they are boosted and changed by digital technology
- How to perform business development in a digital environment
- How to increase efficiency and precision in business development and marketing processes
- How to use business development and marketing as a strategic tool for repositioning your company in a digital landscape.
- How to use the theories, models, and tools needed for business development and marketing in a fast-changing business landscape
Clic here to apply
2. Agile Leadership Principles
Before you start
- No prerequisites
What you will learn
- Building self-organizing teams
- Facilitating leadership and the power of play
- Decision science and human mind heuristics
- Negotiation styles and techniques
- Managing bias through mindfulness and emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Week 1: The first week of this course jumps right into our traditional notions of leadership, defining the concept, the characteristics of a leader, the science of leadership, and the styles that exist today across master and servant models (Primal Leadership, Team Leadership, Situational Leadership, and Transformational Leadership).
- Week 2: The second week exposes the reasoning behind servant leadership as the optimal approach and how old philosophies and “modern psychology” reinforce the need for leaders to empower teams. Gamification and the power of play are emphasized to ensure optimal contribution and performance across roles on the scaled Agile teams.
- Week 3: The third week explores human decision making, its power and its faults in the form of biases, and how we can train ourselves through emotional-social intelligence and mindfulness to go faster by slowing down. Negotiation styles and techniques are also covered requiring self-reflection on how one handles conflict and manages competing, accommodating, avoiding, compromising, and collaborating challenges.
- Week 4: The final week focuses on putting these lessons into practice with real-world approaches and tools for managing and facilitating decisions, interactions, and environments for optimal team performance.
In this course, you will learn how this new style of leadership redefines and redistributes team roles by:
- Motivating through empowerment to gain better decisions
- Facilitating the creativity and inclusivity of a high-functioning team
- Identifying and managing decision making biases
- Negotiating conflicts across individuals, teams, and organizations
- Ensuring success through delegation and powerful constraint-based metrics.
You’ll learn to turn one internally motivated and critically thinking mind into many; and driving speed and innovation through leveraging all talents on the team.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners can earn 10 Professional Development Unit (PDU) credits, which are recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PDU credits are essential to those looking to maintain certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).