Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Internal and External publication n°003/2016
Positions : Senior Leadership Positions (Re-advertisement)
Location : Kinshasa, DRC
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change forthe better. This is one of those moments.” -Elizabeth Glaser
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at nearly 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Overview: The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is seeking qualified candidates for senior leadership positions in DRC to support an expanding portfolio of USG-funded clinical HIV service delivery projects. Successful candidates will provide technical and strategic leadership and support to ensure the provision of comprehensive and coordinated facility and community-based HIV prevention, care and treatment services on new and upcoming projects. Personnel will be responsible for coordination of projects, training, monitoring activities, and liaising with in-country EGPAF leadership, donors, and other stakeholders. Positions will be based in Kinshasa.
- Provide technical oversight and strategic direction to ensure achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Ensure effective implementation of project activities and achievement of goals and targets;
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations, EGPAF policies, and DRC guidelines and laws.
- Ensure linkages across project components.
- Facilitate collaborative relationships with Government of DRC institutions, including Ministry of Health for effective programing and efficient use of resources.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience designing, implementing and managing HIV clinical services programs. Experience with USG and PEPFAR-funded projects preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with PEPFAR and MOH clinical programming, including HIV testing and counseling, adult, pediatric, and adolescents care and treatment, community-based services, and policy support.
- Knowledge of the health system in DRC including knowledge of national and international guidelines and policies.
- Proven people management, writing, and communication skills.
- Proven strategic, planning, and project implementation abilities.
- Experience working in DRC.
- Proficiency in English and French is required.
How to apply
Please apply on EGPAF website following the link hereafter no later than October 01, 2018 by clicking on the link here after http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1&rid=1554
Note: Please note that the interviews for this position will be conducted as we receive CVs. EGPAF reserves the right to close this announcement before the deadline in case it has enough CVs of potential candidates. Please note also that this is a local recruitment and it does not provide relocation package for candidates who live outside of Kinshasa.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer