It is that time again when we are calling on young people who are passionate about leadership and want to make a difference in their communities to apply for the fully-funded program offered by the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa.
Applications for Cohort 28, 29 and 30 are now open until June 4, 2018, 5:00 PM EAT.
Since its launch in July 2015, the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa has empowered over 2,000 young people, setting them up on their leadership trajectory. Alumni of the Center are already having meaningful impact in their communities. If you want to join this growing number of revolutionary young African leaders, then consider applying for an upcoming cohort of the program by visiting the Center’s website at www.yalieastafrica.org.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age 18-35
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
- Proven experience and track record in Public Management, Business and Entrepreneurship, or Civic Leadership
- Citizen of: Burundi, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from:
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- Other minority groups
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
There is no fee to apply for or attend the program. Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, accommodation, meals, and course materials. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
Selected participants will engage in leadership development experiences across three tracks of study: (1) Business and Entrepreneurship, (2) Civic Leadership, and (3) Public Management in a 4-week residential format with a focus on individual and team leadership skills, innovation, creative learning, and communication.
We also encourage you to checkout U-Learn, the Center’s virtual library that contains free courses, videos, and articles. This library is open to the public in order to increase the Center’s reach to thousands more young leaders across East and Central Africa.
PLEASE NOTE: The application window will remain open between May 21st and June 4th at 5:00 PM EAT. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. Do not delay begin working on your application NOW!